Date:	Thu, 09 May 2013 11:40:48 +0200
From:	Knut Petersen <Knut_Petersen@...nline.de>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
CC:	isdn4linux@...tserv.isdn4linux.de,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Karsten Keil <kkeil@...ux-pingi.de>
Subject: [BUG 3.9.x] kernel BUG at kernel/timer.c:909 triggered by divertctl

After compiling kernel 3.9.1 I found that a script containing a
number of divertctrl commands triggered a kernel bug: (MSNs edited)

     divertctrl wait interrogate HiSax cfu 123456 0
     divertctrl wait interrogate HiSax cfu 1234567 0
     [...]

I tried the script with kernel 3.9.0 and found the same problem.
At that time it was reproducible on a 2nd identical machine.

After that I tried kernel 3.8.12 and everything was ok.

I tried to bisect the  problem. That failed. I found that the problem
totally disappeared, it is currently not reproducible with any of the
kernels mentioned above.

The only reasonable explanation is that an unusual answer from the switch side
triggered the problem ... something that definitely  should not be possible.

Unfortunately there is no trace of the d-channel traffic.

Hardware: AOpen i915GMm-hfs, hfc-pci isdn controller card (1397:2bd0)
Distribution:openSuSE 12.3
ISDN: Deutsche Telekom Euro-ISDN, no pbx.

cu,
  Knut

View attachment "tracediv1" of type "text/plain" (27563 bytes)