Date:	Tue, 14 May 2013 09:18:59 -0700
From:	Kamal Mostafa <kamal@...onical.com>
To:	stable@...r.kernel.org, kernel-team@...ts.ubuntu.com
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, gregkh@...uxfoundation.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Linux 3.8.y.z extended stable support

Since Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" uses the 3.8 kernel, the Ubuntu kernel team
will pick up stable maintenance where Greg KH left off[0] with 3.8.13
(thanks, Greg!)...

The Ubuntu kernel team is pleased to announce that we will be providing
extended stable support for the Linux 3.8 kernel until August 2014 as a
third party effort maintained on our infrastructure.

Our linux-3.8.y{-queue,-review} stable branches will fork from 3.8.13
and will be published here:

    git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git

We will use the same stable request/review workflow and follow the
standard upstream stable kernel rules.  More details are available at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/ExtendedStable

We welcome any feedback and contribution to this effort.  We will be
posting the first review cycle patch set in a week or two.

 -Kamal Mostafa
  Ubuntu Kernel Team, Canonical Ltd.

[0] http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg08735.html

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)