Date:	Fri, 17 May 2013 10:20:45 +1000
From:	Chris Jones <chrisjones@...n.net.au>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
CC:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Linux source tree size difference issue

I have cloned the Linux kernel source tree locally. It comes in at
approx. ~500MB. I have then created another git repository to push the
source to for my own work. I rsynced the tree locally to another
directory and now I am currently pushing it in to the new repository and
it's at 58% and is already at 525MB.

I can not understand the stark difference in source and directory size.
Running diff tells me both local source tree directories are exactly the
same.

Can anyone explain this in layman's terms?

--

Chris Jones

Founder and Lead Software Architect
Paradise Software