Date:	Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:25:48 +0800
From:	Zheng Liu <gnehzuil.liu@...il.com>
To:	Dave Hansen <dave.hansen@...el.com>, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Jan kara <jack@...e.cz>
Subject: Re: ext4 extent status tree LRU locking

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 02:12:10PM -0700, Dave Hansen wrote:
> On 06/17/2013 03:10 AM, Zheng Liu wrote:
> > Dave, that would be great if you could do your testing again to confirm
> > this patch is useful.
>
> I was able to apply this to Ted's
>
> 	https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git/
>
> "ext4/dev" tree with a bit of fuzz.  What did you generate this against,
> btw?

Ah, sorry, I forgot to mention that this patch bases against ext4/master
branch.  Now ext4/dev branch has some regression when I run xfstests.
So I don't base against this branch to generate my patch.

Ted, I notice that now in ext4 tree we have 'dev', 'dev-with-revert',
and 'dev2' branches.  Which one is the best to generate a new patch for
the next merge window?

> It does seem to be functioning OK for me, and passes the other tests
> that saw so much spinlock contention previously.  You can add my
> Tested-by if you like.

Thanks for your testing.

Regards,
                                                - Zheng