Date:	Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:39:30 +0000
From:	"Love, Robert W" <robert.w.love@...el.com>
To:	James Bottomley <james.bottomley@...senpartnership.com>
CC:	"torvalds@...ux-foundation.org" <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Neil Horman <nhorman@...hat.com>,
	"Fastabend, John R" <john.r.fastabend@...el.com>,
	"fcoe-devel@...n-fcoe.org" <fcoe-devel@...n-fcoe.org>,
	"linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org" <linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: fcoe pull request for 3.9-rc

On Wed 26 Jun 2013 11:14:02 PM PDT, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 20:55 +0000, Love, Robert W wrote:
>> The following changes since commit 1e876e3b1a9df25bb04682b0d48aaa7e8ae1fc82:
>>
>>     Merge branch 'for-linus' of
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux (2013-06-25
>> 09:08:07 -1000)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rwlove/fcoe.git
>> tags/critical_fix_for_3.9
>
> This is simple and I can review from the attached patch, so I'll take it
> this time. But, please, next time follow proper process.  That means the
> individual patches should go over the SCSI mailing list for review
> *before* they're sent in a pull request.

The reason I sent this pull request directly to Linus was that the
patches I mailed at (2013-05-21) RC2 had not yet seen any attention
since they were posted to linux-scsi. It is now RC7 and with 5 weeks of
inactivity on my initial 3.10 patch series I had no faith that this
critical fix would make it through the SCSI tree before the 3.10 kernel
was released. FYI, Linus has taken this change already.

I would have preferred to send the patch to linux-scsi for review
first, but it had been thoroughly reviewed on the FCoE list, it's a
fairly trivial change and I was a hurry to get it into Linus' inbox
given his statement about "finding new ways to insult your pets." The
patch is also part of the pull request, so it was review-able by anyone
on linux-scsi or linux-kernel.

Thanks, //Rob

PS: I totally botched the title of this pull request, obviously it
should say "fcoe pull request for 3.10-rc".