Date:	Wed, 3 Jul 2013 23:14:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:	Vince Weaver <vincent.weaver@...ne.edu>
To:	Vince Weaver <vincent.weaver@...ne.edu>
cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Jiri Olsa <jolsa@...hat.com>,
	Paul Mackerras <paulus@...ba.org>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...hat.com>,
	Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@...stprotocols.net>,
	Stephane Eranian <eranian@...il.com>,
	Andi Kleen <ak@...ux.intel.com>
Subject: Re: perf/Documentation/ABI -- add some documentation for perf_event
 sysfs usage

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013, Vince Weaver wrote:

> Add some documentation for the perf_event related
>   /sys/bus/event_source/bus/devices/
> files, since in theory it's a stable interface and the only
> current documentation is some lex and yacc files in the
> perf tools directory.

OK, don't I feel silly, these values were already documented in
   Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-event_source-devices-events
rather than ABI/stable

To be fair I missed it because the documentation seemed to come from the
Power developers and not through perf_event

anyway, that documentation says the values will be hex only, which was
broken by

commit f9134f36aed59ab55c0ab1a4618dd455f15aef5f