Date:	Sat, 12 Oct 2013 16:05:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:	hellen maziku <nahelna@...oo.com>
To:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: KVM Dirty Page Log Facility

Greetings!I am new to kvm and are writing a python script to get the number of pre-copy cycles during a remote vm migration given memory size M  of a VM in MB, the page dirty rate R of a vm in MB/s. My question is on
how to get the page dirty rate. Does kvm provide a dirty page
log facility that provides user space with a bitmap of modified pages
since the last call? And if yes, please kindly direct me on how to get
started. I have searched and come across things like

int kvm_get_dirty_log(struct kvm *kvm, struct kvm_dirty_log *log int *is_dirty)

I do not know if this is what I should use and if so how  I could go about to implement it.

Thank you very much,