Date:	Sun, 20 Oct 2013 19:47:34 +0200 (CEST)
From:	"Peter Huewe" <PeterHuewe@....de>
To:	"Jason Gunthorpe" <jgunthorpe@...idianresearch.com>
Cc:	"Ashley Lai" <adlai@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	"Leonidas Da Silva Barbosa" <leosilva@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, "Rajiv Andrade" <mail@...jiv.net>,
	tpmdd-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net, "Sirrix AG" <tpmdd@...rix.com>
Subject: Aw: Re: [tpmdd-devel] TPM patches for 2.13

Hi Jason, Ashley,
I think it's okay to leave the checkpatch complaints as they are as they aren't newly introduced.
I'm currently in the process of digging through the patches again and getting the pull request ready.
Maybe I'll fix them while at it.

Thanks,
Peter

> Hi Jason,
> Patch 0008-tpm-Rename-tpm.c-to-tpm-interface.c.patch does not meet the
> Linux kernel's coding standards. Please fix the errors found by
> checkpatch.pl and let me know when it's ready. Thanks.

Please use format-patch -M when you run checkpatch on this one:

$ ^scripts/checkpatch.pl `git format-patch -M 890e46c0abf49b6a9bddeab9de8625b71db648ad^\!`
total: 0 errors, 0 warnings, 8 lines checked

0001-tpm-Rename-tpm.c-to-tpm-interface.c.patch has no obvious style problems and is ready for submission.

All the errors it reports without -M are pre-existing in tpm.c, and a
pure rename patch should not clean up pre-existing checkpatch errors,
IMHO..

My strategy to deal with this is to make things checkpatch clean
as they get moved out of tpm-interface.c, so in the follow up patches
tpm-sysfs.c and tpm-dev.c are both checkpatch clean even though the
original code from tpm.c was not.

Jason