Date:	Sat, 26 Oct 2013 15:27:25 +0200
From:	Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@...il.com>
To:	Sebastian Reichel <sre@...g0.de>
Cc:	Jenny TC <jenny.tc@...el.com>,
	Anton Vorontsov <anton.vorontsov@...aro.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: N900 DT

On Saturday 26 October 2013 02:25:02 Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> Hi Pali,
>
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 08:39:40PM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > Now I found this patch and it looks like it will be in
> > mainline kernel. And after that it could be simple to
> > listen for needed events from isp driver in my bq driver
> > (without touching isp).
> >
> > https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/7/25/204
> >
> > Can you look at isp1704 driver for DT support? I think that
> > only one gpio needs to be passed to driver from board data.
>
> I had a quick overview over Jenny's patchset [0] (the patch
> you referenced is part of a bigger patchset). I don't think
> the scenario found in the Nokia N900 is covered by it, but
> probably now is the time to change it :)
>
> So for everybody new to this thread:
>
> Multiple chips are involved in the charging of the Nokia N900
> battery:
>
> bq27200:   This chip is used for reading battery status. AFAIK
>            it's not directly involved in charging the battery.
> bq24150a:  This chip takes care of actually charging the
> battery. It has no clue about USB related stuff. The maximum
> current it draws can be configured, though. isp1704:   USB
> charger detector. This chip is used to detect how much
> current may be used by the bq24150a chip. rx51-temp: Analog
> temperature sensor for the battery, which is connected via an
> analog-digital-converter.
>
> The question is how to connected these driver with each other
> if device tree is used to boot the system. Any suggestions?
>
> [0] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1377608
>
> -- Sebastian

What I need is receive property change event (from isp1704) in
bq24150a. And with this patch https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/7/25/204
bq24150a driver can receive them and use only these which comes
from driver specified in DT (on n900 from isp1704).

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@...il.com

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)