Date:	Sun, 5 Jan 2014 20:02:17 +0530
From:	"Gideon D'souza" <gidisrael@...il.com>
To:	Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@...ux-m68k.org>
Cc:	Bruno Prémont <bonbons@...ux-vserver.org>,
Subject: Re: How does a newbie find work?

Thanks so much Geert and Bruno for your replies:

>>don't forget to subscribe to the specific mailing lists!
Didn't know about this, this link is the right one?
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#cpufreq There isn't a list for
the scheduler though?

>A better start, and at least as useful is to read and review patches flowing
> by that affect your areas of interest, test them and
> provide feedback about possible bugs or improvements
This is a really good idea, so far though all the patches to me look a
little arcane, for things I barely understand. But I will keep
looking. If I do find something, lets say a patch to the scheduler or
some networking thing, how do you guys really test this out? How to
you debug a scheduler? :/ How do I really "See" the system run? Put
printk statements here are there?

>E.g. one thing I just noticed: while include/linux/compiler-gcc.h provides
>shorthands (e.g. "__printf()") for various gcc __attribute__ macros, there
>are still many places that don't use the shorthands, cfr. e.g.
>"git grep 'attribute.*printf'".
Are trivial patches like this really accepted?

Regards,
Gideon