Date:	Tue, 25 Mar 2014 06:18:16 +0000
From:	"Gupta, Pekon" <pekon@...com>
To:	Lee Jones <lee.jones@...aro.org>,
	"computersforpeace@...il.com" <computersforpeace@...il.com>
CC:	"angus.clark@...com" <angus.clark@...com>,
	"dwmw2@...radead.org" <dwmw2@...radead.org>,
	"linux-mtd@...ts.infradead.org" <linux-mtd@...ts.infradead.org>,
	"kernel@...inux.com" <kernel@...inux.com>
Subject: RE: New NAND driver

Hi,

>From: Lee Jones
>
>Hi Brian,
>
>Firstly I'd like to thank you for supporting the inclusion of ST's SPI
>NOR (FSM) driver. As promised I will convert it over to the new
>framework once it has been applied by your good self.
>
>In the meantime however, I have a NAND driver which I need to
>submit. I wanted to give you a heads-up prior to sending it in case
>you had any special requests. FYI: Shoving it where the sun don't
>shine, is not a valid request by the way :). It's 2700 lines and I've
>split it over 47 patches for reviewing purposes.

Will it be possible for you to send the patches split in one patch per file ?
As switching back and forth, between 47 patches may be bit troublesome.
Later you may split it as you or others like..

>Sorry to do this to you Brian, I am sensitive to how over-burdened you
>are with the subsystem already. Perhaps it might make sense to put out
>a plea for volunteers to help with maintain MTD subsystem on LKML?

I can help reviewing those patches, if you can please share your
controller specs, and also share if there are any already know
hardware limitations.

>Anyway, what's the best thing to do in this instance? Should I just
>send it to the list as an RFC and be done with it?

with regards, pekon