Date:	Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:08:10 +0100
From:	Tomasz Nowicki <tomasz.nowicki@...aro.org>
To:	Len Brown <lenb@...nel.org>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...ysocki.net>
CC:	"linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org" <linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>,
	linaro-acpi <linaro-acpi@...ts.linaro.org>
Subject: RFC: APEI hardware reduced profile

Hi,

Currently APEI depends on x86 architecture. It is because of many x86
specific features like "IA-32 Architecture Corrected Machine Check
" error source or NMI hardware error notification. However, many other
features like "PCI Express Device AER Structure" or GHES via external
interrupt can be still used perfectly by other architectures. So my idea
is to move x86 dependency away form Kconfig to APEI areas where it
really applies to.

I have started refactoring ghes.c driver in that direction. And here
comes my confusion, how should we treat x86 related parts, as fixed
profile? (which means we could use ACPI_REDUCED_HARDWARE or
CONFIG_ACPI_REDUCED_HARDWARE_ONLY define). I would like to ask for your
opinion.

Regards,
Tomasz