Date:	Tue, 08 Apr 2014 20:57:05 +0200
From:	Thomas Bächler <thomas@...hlinux.org>
To:	Matt Fleming <matt@...sole-pimps.org>,
	Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@...ove.SAKURA.ne.jp>
CC:	matt.fleming@...el.com, ak@...ux.intel.com,
	viro@...iv.linux.org.uk, geert@...ux-m68k.org,
	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, torvalds@...ux-foundation.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, tpowa@...hlinux.org, hpa@...or.com
Subject: Re: 3.13: <module> disagrees about version of symbol <symbol>

Am 08.04.2014 14:14, schrieb Matt Fleming:
> On Tue, 08 Apr, at 06:46:49AM, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
>> Fleming, Matt wrote:

>>> Hmpf, yeah. I'll take a look in the morning.
>>>
>>> Thomas, you mention you're running in a 32-bit vm earlier in this
>>> thread. Any chance you're using ovmf because that would make it much
>>> easier to track this down?
>>>

>> I'm not familiar with UEFI boot, but it could happen because what
>> I experienced with BIOS boot was an address dependent behavior.
>>
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/9/4/188
>
> OK, that's a pretty good clue, thanks Tetsuo.
>
> Thomas, could you try this patch? It seems the use of code32_start in
> the EFI boot stub was totally wrong for the case where the boot stub
> relocates the kernel - you're likely to hit this path if using the EFI
> boot stub directly from the EFI shell or gummiboot.
>
> It was pointing at the start of the kernel image and not the protected
> mode code.

Hello Matt,

I am unable to backport this to 3.14 for lack of assembler magic. While
I can test this with git master, I eventually still need a version that
is backported to 3.14. Any chance you could provide that, too?

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (902 bytes)