Date:	Fri, 09 May 2014 10:23:22 +0200
From:	"Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)" <mtk.manpages@...il.com>
To:	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>
CC:	mtk.manpages@...il.com, Juri Lelli <juri.lelli@...il.com>,
	Dario Faggioli <raistlin@...ux.it>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...hat.com>, rostedt@...dmis.org,
	Oleg Nesterov <oleg@...hat.com>, fweisbec@...il.com,
	darren@...art.com, johan.eker@...csson.com, p.faure@...tech.ch,
	Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	claudio@...dence.eu.com, michael@...rulasolutions.com,
	fchecconi@...il.com, tommaso.cucinotta@...up.it,
	nicola.manica@...i.unitn.it, luca.abeni@...tn.it,
	dhaval.giani@...il.com, hgu1972@...il.com,
	Paul McKenney <paulmck@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	insop.song@...il.com, liming.wang@...driver.com, jkacur@...hat.com,
	linux-man@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: sched_{set,get}attr() manpage

Hi Peter,

I'm working on this text. I see the following in kernel/sched/core.c:

[[
static int __sched_setscheduler(struct task_struct *p,
                                const struct sched_attr *attr,
                                bool user)
{

        int policy = attr->sched_policy;
        if (policy < 0) {
                reset_on_fork = p->sched_reset_on_fork;
                policy = oldpolicy = p->policy;
]]

What's a negative policy about? Is this something that should
be documented?

Cheers,

Michael

--