Date:	Sat, 7 Jun 2014 19:56:53 -0700
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>,
	Sonic Zhang <sonic.zhang@...log.com>,
	Steven Miao <realmz6@...il.com>
Cc:	"David S. Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>,
Subject: Re: Crypto Update for 3.16

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM, Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au> wrote:

> Here is the crypto update for 3.16:

There's something odd going on with bfin_crc.h.

You moved it in commit 52e6e543f2d8 ("crypto: bfin_crc - access crc
registers by readl and writel functions").

It got *deleted* by commit 3356c99ea392 ("bfin_crc: Move architecture
independant crc header file out of the blackfin folder") which claims
to just move things.

Both of those commits are by Sonic Zhang, just came to me through two
different trees (though your crypto tree, and through Steven Miao's
bfin tree).

I'm assuming that the delete was actually incorrect, and should have
been a move, because it looks like the bfin_crc.c file won't compile
without it. So I've re-instated that file.

But the state of the bfin tree seems to be crap. Somebody should take
a look at what happened here. My suspicion is that commit 3356c99ea392
was broken by Steven Miao trying to only touch files in arch/blackfin
or something.

               Linus