Date:	Thu, 7 Aug 2014 22:47:42 -0400
From:	David Horner <ds2horner@...il.com>
To:	minchan@...nel.org
Cc:	linux-kernel-mm@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC 2/3] zsmalloc/zram: add zs_get_max_size_bytes and use it in zram

 [2/3]

 But why isn't mem_used_max writable? (save tearing down and rebuilding
 device to reset max)

 static DEVICE_ATTR(mem_used_max, S_IRUGO, mem_used_max_show, NULL);

 static DEVICE_ATTR(mem_used_max, S_IRUGO | S_IWUSR, mem_used_max_show, NULL);

   with a check in the store() that the new value is positive and less
than current max?

 I'm also a little puzzled why there is a new API zs_get_max_size_bytes if
 the data is accessible through sysfs?
 Especially if max limit will be (as you propose for [3/3]) through accessed
 through zsmalloc and hence zram needn't access.

  [3/3]
 I concur that the zram limit is best implemented in zsmalloc.
 I am looking forward to that revised code.