Date:	Thu, 25 Sep 2014 00:59:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:	Vince Weaver <vincent.weaver@...ne.edu>
To:	Vince Weaver <vincent.weaver@...ne.edu>
cc:	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
	Sasha Levin <sasha.levin@...cle.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Paul Mackerras <paulus@...ba.org>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...hat.com>,
	Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@...nel.org>,
	Cong Wang <cwang@...pensource.com>
Subject: Re: perf: perf_fuzzer triggers instant reboot

So I noticed Cong Wang's patch (3577af70a2ce4853d58e57d832e687d739281479)
	perf: Fix a race condition in perf_remove_from_context()

and that sounds a lot like the weird fork()/memory-corruption bug that the
fuzzer has been triggering.

So I applied that patch alone on top of the 3.17-rc4 kernel that I could
reproducibly reboot... and with the patch I can't trigger the problem
anymore.

Now that just might mean the patch pushed the code around enough so my
test doesn't trigger, but there is hope that maybe this fixes things.

Cong Wang, do you have more info on how you came across this bug?  And how
you tracked down the problem?

Thanks,

Vince