Date:	Sun, 05 Oct 2014 11:08:04 +0200
From:	Hans de Goede <hdegoede@...hat.com>
To:	Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@....de>,
	linux-usb <linux-usb@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: uas: module not loaded automatically

Hi,

On 10/04/2014 08:35 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my Delock external USB drive stopped working after updating from a
> UAS-disabled distro kernel to latest 3.17-rc7 with UAS on. That UAS was
> key became clear to me only after looking at storage_probe(): the device
> is ignored by usb-storage if it is UAS-capable. However, nothing causes
> uas.ko to be loaded when the drive is plugged here. How is this supposed
> to work in the normal case?

Is the uas.ko module installed, and was depmod run after installing it ?

uas.c has the following:

        { USB_INTERFACE_INFO(USB_CLASS_MASS_STORAGE, USB_SC_SCSI, USB_PR_BULK) },
        { USB_INTERFACE_INFO(USB_CLASS_MASS_STORAGE, USB_SC_SCSI, USB_PR_UAS) },

Which should make it load automatically on your device.

Regards,

Hans