Date:	Sat, 20 Dec 2014 17:43:22 -0800
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Linux 3.19-rc1 - merge window closed

So it's been a day less than two weeks, and the merge window is closed.

Considering how much came in fairly late, I find it hard to care about
anybody who had decided to cut it even closer than some people already
did.   That said, maybe there aren't any real stragglers - and judging
by the size of rc1, there really can't have been much. Not only do I
think there are more commits than there were in linux-next, this is
one of the bigger rc1's (at least by commits) historically. We've had
bigger ones (3.10 and 3.15 both had large merge windows leading up to
them), but this was definitely not a small merge window.

Anyway, we've got changes all over the place, including a new
architecture (nios2). My "short mergelog" is appended, and as usual I
want to point out that that credits the people sending me the changes,
which is generally not necessarily at all the same thing as the people
actually writing the code, even if there is obviously overlap.

In the "big picture", this looks like a fairly normal release. About
two thirds driver updates, with about half of the rest being
architecture updates (and no, the new nios2 patches are not at all
dominant, it's about half ARM, with  the new nios2 support being less
than 10% of the arch updates by lines overall). The remaining one
sixth is "misc": networking, header updates, documentation,
filesystems, tooling, and core kernel (in pretty much that order).

Obviously, with the holidays coming up, I'd expect that the next few
weeks are pretty quiet, but we'll see. I do hope that people will have
time to test this all in between all the eggnog,

                              Linus

---

Al Viro (3):
  VFS changes
  vfs pile #2
  vfs pile #3

Alex Williamson (1):
  VFIO updates

Andrew Morton (3):
  first patchbomb
  second patchbomb
  misc patches

Arnd Bergmann (13):
  ARM SoC non-critical bug fixes
  ARM SoC cleanup on mach-at91
  ARM SoC cleanups
  ARM SoC platform changes
  ARM SoC driver updates
  ARM SoC DT updates
  ARM SoC/OMAP GPMC driver cleanup and move
  ARM SoC defconfig changes
  ARM64 SoC changes
  asm-generic asm/io.h rewrite
  ARM SoC fixes
  ARM SoC DT updates part 2
  ARM SoC/iommu configuration update

Artem Bityutskiy (1):
  UBI/UBIFS updates

Benjamin LaHaise (1):
  aio updates

Bjorn Helgaas (1):
  PCI changes

Borislav Petkov (1):
  EDAC updates

Brian Norris (1):
  MTD updates

Bruce Fields (1):
  nfsd updates

Bryan Wu (1):
  LED subsystem update

Chris Mason (2):
  btrfs update
  more btrfs updates

Chris Metcalf (1):
  arch/tile updates

Chris Zankel (1):
  Xtensa fixes

Christian Borntraeger (1):
  ACCESS_ONCE cleanup preparation

Corey Minyard (1):
  IPMI driver updates

Darren Hart (1):
  x86 platform driver update

Dave Airlie (1):
  drm updates

Dave Chinner (1):
  xfs update

David Miller (6):
  networking updates
  sparc update
  IDE update
  another networking update
  sparc fix
  networking fixes

David Teigland (1):
  dlm update

David Vrabel (2):
  xen features and fixes
  additional xen update

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
  input subsystem updates

Eric Biederman (1):
  user namespace related fixes

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
  m68k updates

Grant Likely (1):
  devicetree changes

Greg KH (5):
  USB updates
  tty/serial driver updates
  driver core update
  char/misc driver updates
  staging driver updates

Guenter Roeck (1):
  hwmon updates

Herbert Xu (1):
  crypto update

Ingo Molnar (17):
  locking tree changes
  RCU updates
  perf events update
  leftover perf fixes
  scheduler updates
  x86 asm updates
  x86 boot and percpu updates
  x86 build, cleanup and defconfig updates
  EFI updates
  x86 platform changes
  x86 mm tree changes
  x86 RAS update