Date:	Fri, 6 Feb 2015 10:57:49 +0800 (CST)
From:	"Yi Zhang" <yizhanghust@....com>
To:	broonie@...nel.org, lgirdwood@...il.com
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, yizhang@...vell.com,
	zhenzh@...vell.com, zhouqiao@...vell.com
Subject: [Question] should we export set_suspend_voltage()?

Hi, Liam & Mark:

seems at present, the set_suspend_voltage() is designed to cover the suspend voltage handling from board level, when the system enters into the suspend;
but the behavior of my chip is as following:
a) there are two sets of registers to configure one regulator's voltage separately, one is for active mode, the other is for the low power mode, say, suspend-to-ram;
b) both of the sets have control bits independently;
c) once the low power mode is triggered, by external signal, for example, pull-down a gpio, the regulator switches to use the registers for low power mode;
d) the consumers have different requirements for the voltage in low power mode according to different scenario, IOW, we cannot assume a fix value when system boots up;

So
do you think it's good to export the set_suspend_voltage()? to make it controllable by the regulator itself?
another method in my opinion is add a set of virtual-regulator for this usage?

could you please share your advice?

thanks very much;

--
Yi Zhang