Date:	Thu, 02 Apr 2015 20:34:35 -0400
From:	Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu>
To:	Jaroslav Kysela <perex@...ex.cz>, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de>
Cc:	alsa-devel@...a-project.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: linux-next - strange audio bug

Next-20150310 works OK, next-20150324 has the bug.

Dell Latitude E6530 laptop, lspci tells me:

01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
        Subsystem: Dell Device 0535
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel

Symptoms:  Audio works perfectly at boot, and for some amount
of time after.  But somewhere around 6-8 hours of uptime, it gets
into a strange state where I'll get no audio... and then it will
cut in for all of 2 seconds or so (fairly consistent, that part),
and then cut back out for anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute,
then another 2 seconds of sound.. lather rinse repeat.

Before I start the thankless task of bisecting this (which means I'll
be able to do only 1, *maybe* 2 steps a day), does this ring any bells?