Date:	Thu, 20 Aug 2015 17:08:58 +0200
From:	Sergio Callegari <sergio.callegari@...il.com>
To:	Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>
CC:	Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: IDE Floppy support for IOMEGA Zip Drive broken in 3.16 -> 3.17
 transition

Hi Christoph,

thanks for your answer!

Any clue on how to help/speed up this? Was there any exchange with them when you
first provided your patch back in 2014? Can it be restarted?

My feeling is that the issue fixed with 045065d8a300a37218c548e9aa7becd581c6a0e8
was in fact the real paper over the bug. As distros start picking kernels with
045065d8a300a37218c548e9aa7becd581c6a0e8 the issue is like to bite more and more.

And it is a subtle bug. In some cases takes ages before revealing, making one
feel confident on a system that is in fact broken. And takes ages to bisect
(took me almost 7 days).

Best,

Sergio