Date:	Sat, 12 Sep 2015 17:09:00 -0700
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Linux 4.3-rc1 - merge window closed

So it's been fairly quiet today (which is normal: there tends to be a
small rush of stuff on the last Friday of the merge window is closing,
but weekends tend to calm down), and I decided that I'm not interested
in catering to anything that comes in tomorrow, and I might as well
just close the merge window and do the -rc1 release.

I had expected 4.3 to be somewhat smaller after that pretty big 4.2,
but  it's not particularly small - pretty average in size, in fact.
Everything looks fairly normal, in fact, with about 70% of the changes
being drivers, 10% architecture updates, and the remaining 20% are
spread out (filesystems, networking, tooling, documentation, mm and
"core" kernel updates etc).

On the driver side, the GPU drivers remain a noticeable chunk, partly
because of the Nouveau updates that missed 4.2, so there's effectively
two releases worth of updates there. But there's driver updates to
pretty much all the other driver subsystems too.  So there's
networking drivers (wired and wireless), staging, media, crypto,
pinctrl, you name it.

The architecture updates are about half arm (devicetree updates are
noticeable), with half being spread out (x86, mips, arm64, powerpc,
s390).

On the filesystem side, the bulk of the changes (in lines of code) is
the removal of the ext3 filesystem (with ext4 remaining to support
ext3 layouts - but the separate ext3 codebase is gone). But there are
misc updates all over: f2fs, btrfs, nfs, xfs, ufs, gfs2, proc...

As usual, the full log is much too big to post, so I'm appending my
merge-log that gives you a flavor of who I pulled from and what the
big picture changes are..

Go out and test,

                           Linus

---