Date:	Wed, 11 Nov 2015 07:43:30 +0000
From:	Al Viro <viro@...IV.linux.org.uk>
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc:	Sasha Levin <sasha.levin@...cle.com>,
	Andrey Ryabinin <ryabinin.a.a@...il.com>,
	Matthew Wilcox <willy@...ux.intel.com>,
	Chuck Ebbert <cebbert.lkml@...il.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Jens Axboe <axboe@...nel.dk>,
	Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@...el.com>
Subject: Re: fs: out of bounds on stack in iov_iter_advance

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 08:36:48PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 7:30 PM, Al Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Linus, what would be your preference wrt that stuff?
>
> If you can just create a branch with the stuff that is obvious and
> clearly worth it (ie stuff that would basically be stable material
> anyway), I'll just merge it.  Assuming it's all done in some
> reasonable timeframe..

OK...  Right now I have #for-linus-stable and #for-linus-2 on top
of it, the latter adding several comment fixes, etc., the most serious
change among which is the removal of never used block_page_mkwrite().

dax_io fix isn't there, neither is overlayfs magic.h patch - both are
already in other trees.  I would like to get xattr series in as well,
but that's a separate pull request, if you'd accept them in this window in
the first place.  richacl stuff isn't there as well, and I think that one
is clear "leave it for 4.5" fodder.

Anyway, for
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs.git for-linus-2
(both -stable fodder and trivial patches)

Shortlog:
Daniel Borkmann (1):
      debugfs: fix refcount imbalance in start_creating

David Howells (1):
      FS-Cache: Handle a write to the page immediately beyond the EOF marker

Eric Biggers (2):
      fs/pipe.c: preserve alloc_file() error code
      fs/pipe.c: return error code rather than 0 in pipe_write()

Kinglong Mee (2):
      FS-Cache: Increase reference of parent after registering, netfs success
      FS-Cache: Don't override netfs's primary_index if registering failed

Maciej W. Rozycki (2):
      binfmt_elf: Don't clobber passed executable's file header
      binfmt_elf: Correct `arch_check_elf's description

NeilBrown (1):
      cachefiles: perform test on s_blocksize when opening cache file.

Randy Dunlap (2):
      fs: fix inode.c kernel-doc warning
      fs: fix writeback.c kernel-doc warnings

Ross Zwisler (2):
      vfs: remove unused wrapper block_page_mkwrite()
      vfs: remove stale comment in inode_operations

Tzvetelin Katchov (1):
      fs: 9p: cache.h: Add #define of include guard

Diffstat:
 fs/9p/cache.h               |  1 +
 fs/binfmt_elf.c             | 12 ++++----
 fs/buffer.c                 | 24 ++-------------
 fs/cachefiles/namei.c       |  2 ++
 fs/cachefiles/rdwr.c        | 73 +++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 fs/debugfs/inode.c          |  6 +++-
 fs/ext4/inode.c             |  4 +--
 fs/fs-writeback.c           |  3 +-
 fs/fscache/netfs.c          | 38 +++++++++++------------
 fs/fscache/page.c           |  2 +-
 fs/inode.c                  |  1 +
 fs/nilfs2/file.c            |  2 +-
 fs/pipe.c                   | 18 ++++++-----
 fs/xfs/xfs_file.c           |  2 +-
 include/linux/buffer_head.h |  2 --
 include/linux/fs.h          |  2 --

If you'd prefer to do that in two separate pulls - yell (or just pull
#for-linux-stable first, then this on top of it).  I'd reordered
#for-next so that it continues #for-linus-2; tree of its tip being the
same as yesterday.