Date:	Sat, 26 Dec 2015 09:56:33 -0500
From:	"João Paulo Rechi Vita" <jprvita@...il.com>
To:	Darren Hart <dvhart@...radead.org>
Cc:	Corentin Chary <corentin.chary@...il.com>,
	platform-driver-x86@...r.kernel.org,
	acpi4asus-user@...ts.sourceforge.net, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	João Paulo Rechi Vita <jprvita@...lessm.com>
Subject: [RFCv2 0/4] Asus Wireless Radio Control driver

This is the 2nd RFC for the "Asus Wireless Radio Control" device, addressing
the comments on the previous RFC. The differences from the previous RFC are:

 - Generate input events accessing the input layer directly instead of using
   sparse_keymap, as this was considered overkill for a device which has only
   one event type.

 - Set the input device vendor id.

 - Clean-up the driver to make a little shorter: now the only extra bits
   comparing to Mousou's proposal is the "struct asus_wireless_data", which is
   used to keep all the driver's data (input device pointer, acpi device
   pointer and LEDs data).

 - Compile the driver as a module by default.

 - Select the necessary config options to compile the led_class subsystem when
   this driver is selected.

 - Change the module name from asus-wrc to asus-wireless.

Since I am currently travelling I did not have a chance to test this changes,
but I'll do so as soon as I get back to my home office on Jan 1st. I decided to
send this updated version anyway to get feedback since this can't be merged
until we have the airplane mode RFKill LED trigger merged in the wireless tree.
I'll also send that patch to linux-wireless for feedback and integration later
today.

Regards,

Joao Paulo

João Paulo Rechi Vita (4):
  platform/x86: Add Asus Wireless Radio Control driver
  asus-wireless: Add ACPI HID ATK4001
  net/rfkill: Create "airplane mode" LED trigger
  asus-wireless: Toggle airplane mode LED

 MAINTAINERS                          |   6 ++
 drivers/platform/x86/Kconfig         |  17 ++++
 drivers/platform/x86/Makefile        |   1 +
 drivers/platform/x86/asus-wireless.c | 187 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 net/rfkill/core.c                    |  30 ++++++
 5 files changed, 241 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 drivers/platform/x86/asus-wireless.c

--
2.5.0