Date:	Wed, 13 Jan 2016 16:29:40 -0800
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Hans de Goede <hdegoede@...hat.com>,
	Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@....samsung.com>,
	klucznik <klucznik0@...pl>
Subject: New device ID for Philips Spc880nc webcam

Hans, Mauro,
 forwarding an email from Kikim with new USB ID's for the 880NC webcam.

Kikim, you really should send the patch as a single patch, and with
the appropriate sign-off. See Documentation/SubmittingPatches. Also,
please send to the right people: you can get that with

  ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f drivers/media/usb/pwc/pwc-if.c

(and you can also see them from this email).

               Linus

--
>From klucznik <klucznik0@...pl>:on Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 3:29 PM:
> Subject: driver patch Philips Spc880nc webcam
>
> Dear Linus Torvalds.
> I have a webcam Philips Spc880nc and a problem with the driver.
> I was looking for solutions to run on my system (PCLinuxOS) but I did not find.
> Did not want to modify my camera to SPC900NC - on the internet are the
> instructions - I wanted to keep the original.
> After a time I was able to activate the camera. Everything works - tested on a few kernel.
> So I send a kernel patches - might be able to join these patches to release a new kernel.
> Spc880nc would act then by all who have the cameras, not only for me.
> If you could cause to add the patches to the kernel it would be good for a everyone.
>
> Here is a link to my discussion at forum:
> http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,135688.0.html
>
> sorry for my english ;)  I greet ....... Kikim

View attachment "kconfig.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (428 bytes)

View attachment "pwc-if.c.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (875 bytes)