Date:	Thu, 11 Feb 2016 02:19:06 +0000
From:	Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop@...world.com>
To:	Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@...radead.org>
Cc:	Steve Kenton <skenton@...edu>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Robert Howard <bob@...usa.com>, Jan Kara <jack@...e.com>
Subject: Re: fs/udf and udftools

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 05:56:16PM -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> [add Jan Kara]
>
> On 02/10/16 13:29, Steve Kenton wrote:
> > Is anyone maintaining these or am I about to volunteer for another job?
>
> CUrrent MAINTAINERS file says:
>
> UDF FILESYSTEM
> M:	Jan Kara <jack@...e.com>
> S:	Maintained
> F:	Documentation/filesystems/udf.txt
> F:	fs/udf/
>
> and that Doc. file says:
>
> For the latest version and toolset see:
> 	http://linux-udf.sourceforge.net/

A bit of googling for udftools suggests that gentoo are maintaining
their build, debian have patches for gcc-4 and gcc-5 among others,
Fedora have their own patches, and Arch have some patches (which
might be the same as some of hte others, I did not look).

Looks like the normal "possibly abandonned, but still useful to some
people" software, where distros keep it building.

There may also be others.

Links -

https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/sys-fs/udftools/ChangeLog?view=markup

https://launchpad.net/debian/+source/udftools/+changelog