Date:   Sun, 28 Aug 2016 10:39:29 -0700
From:   Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>
To:     Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@...6.fr>
Cc:     Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@...el.com>,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, keescook@...omium.org
Subject: Re: constification and cocci / kernel build test robot ?

On Sun, 2016-08-28 at 15:13 +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:
> [Adding Kees, in case it's of interest]

> Below is the list of types of top-level initialized structures and the
> number that are const.  For quicker reading, here are some that are
> sometimes const (numerator), but not always (denominator):

[]

And here is the checkpatch list:

# check for various structs that are normally const (ops, kgdb, device_tree)
		my $const_structs = qr{
				acpi_dock_ops|
				address_space_operations|
				backlight_ops|
				block_device_operations|
				dentry_operations|
				dev_pm_ops|
				dma_map_ops|
				extent_io_ops|
				file_lock_operations|
				file_operations|
				hv_ops|
				ide_dma_ops|
				intel_dvo_dev_ops|
				item_operations|
				iwl_ops|
				kgdb_arch|
				kgdb_io|
				kset_uevent_ops|
				lock_manager_operations|
				microcode_ops|
				mtrr_ops|
				neigh_ops|
				nlmsvc_binding|
				of_device_id|
				pci_raw_ops|
				pipe_buf_operations|
				platform_hibernation_ops|
				platform_suspend_ops|
				proto_ops|
				rpc_pipe_ops|
				seq_operations|
				snd_ac97_build_ops|
				soc_pcmcia_socket_ops|
				stacktrace_ops|
				sysfs_ops|
				tty_operations|
				uart_ops|
				usb_mon_operations|
				wd_ops}x;

While I don't know that Julia's "always const" list is
completely appropriate given possible local naming clashes,
maybe checkpatch can use some separate file with the
structs enumerated like a .checkpatch_const_structs file or
similar to make this more easily editable.