Date:   Tue, 4 Oct 2016 20:43:03 -0300
From:   Gaston Gonzalez <gascoar@...il.com>
To:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, stable@...r.kernel.org
Cc:     gascoar@...il.com
Subject: xrandr fails after resume from hibernation in kernels 4.7.4 and 4.8.0

Hi,

After hibernation I get the following error when I tried to connect to monitor
through hdmi:

$ xrandr --output LVDS1 --off  --output  HDMI1 --auto
xrandr: Configure crtc 1 failed

This does not happen in kernel in kernel v4.6.7 but do happen in kernels v4.7.4
and v4.8.0

I don't see anything related to this in the kernel log.

This happens after hibernation but not after suspend to ram.

I use a Thinkpad T430

$ lspci | grep -i vga
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor
Graphics Controller (rev 09)

regards,

Gaston