Date:   Wed, 23 Nov 2016 01:48:35 +0100
From:   Wim Osterholt <wim@....tudelft.nl>
To:     Bjørn Mork <bjorn@...k.no>
Cc:     Oliver Neukum <oneukum@...e.com>,
        poma <pomidorabelisima@...il.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-usb@...r.kernel.org, Wim Osterholt <wim@....tudelft.nl>
Subject: Re: crash by cdc_acm driver in kernels 4.8-rc1/5

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 06:50:28PM +0100, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> >         iCountryCodeRelDate        4 04052004
> >         wCountryCode          0x4803
>
> No excuse for crashing of course, but that's one of the sickets
> descriptor sets I've seen today. Who got the bright idea to put the
> communication class functional descriptors on the data class interfaces?

Whell, the chinese of coarse. It's all chinese to me. But maybe they made
this time an exact copy of their example from Conexant. Not that they are
that careful usually.

> Don't understand how it could crash.

The oops does normally not immediately lead to a crash. Only with debugging
on it will halt immediately and the log will tell you that a reboot will
be necessairy.

Wim.