Date:   Wed, 23 Nov 2016 20:11:20 -0800
From:   "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@...nel.org>
To:     Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>
Cc:     "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>,
        Josh Poimboeuf <jpoimboe@...hat.com>,
        Nicholas Piggin <npiggin@...il.com>,
        Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@...nel.org>,
        Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@...el.com>,
        Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@...el.com>,
        David Ahern <dsahern@...il.com>, Jiri Olsa <jolsa@...nel.org>,
        Namhyung Kim <namhyung@...nel.org>,
        Wang Nan <wangnan0@...wei.com>,
        Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@...nel.org>,
        Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>
Subject: linker-tables v5 testing

Guenter,

I think I'm ready to start pushing a new patch set out for review.
Before I do that -- can I trouble you for letting your test
infrastructure hammer it? I'll only push out the patches for review
based on this new set of changes once all tests come back OK for all
architectures.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/linux-next.git/log/?h=20161117-linker-tables-v5

Fenguang & Guenter,

Any chance I can trouble you to enable the new driver:
CONFIG_TEST_LINKTABLES=y on each kernel configuration as it will run a
test driver which will WARN_ON() if it finds any errors.

If these warns are captured by your logs then we will see run time use
issues of using this on any architecture for *all* the sections for
linker tables. I had not bothered yet adding a test driver for section
ranges given I already tested
./tools/testing/selftests/ftrace/ftracetest script and confirm things
are still a go.

To the rest on Cc:

Other than a few documentation improvements I think this is now
done... Of course there may be more bike-shedding or few minor
adjustments I may have missed -- Nickolas (or others), please do poke
me with any last minute blockers you see before I push out a new patch
set. I figure there may be some time before the tests are over and I
could probably adjust the series to account for minor things that are
eye-sores before requiring a full new submission.

Also I have a draft edit of a paper on this (hasn't been adjusted to
account for the new API changes yet), if you're in the US and you want
to be anti-social and read something during turkey day perhaps that
might help.

http://drvbp1.linux-foundation.org/~mcgrof/papers/2016/11/21/linker-tables-20161121.pdf

Oh and tools folks:

cd tools/linker-tables/