Date:   Fri, 16 Dec 2016 12:01:48 +0100
From:   Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@...il.com>
To:     Gery Kahn <geryk@...com>, Shahar Lev <shahar@...ery.com>,
        Kalle Valo <kvalo@...eaurora.org>,
        linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        Sebastian Reichel <sre@...nel.org>,
        Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>,
        Ivaylo Dimitrov <ivo.g.dimitrov.75@...il.com>
Subject: wl1251 NVS calibration data format

Hi! Do you know format of wl1251 NVS calibration data file?

I found that there is tool for changing NVS file for wl1271 and newer
chips (so not for wl1251!) at: https://github.com/gxk/ti-utils

And wl1271 has in NVS data already place for MAC address. And in wlcore
(for wl1271 and newer) there is really kernel code which is doing
something with MAC address in NVS, see:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/net/wireless/ti/wlcore/boot.c#n352

So... I would like to know if in wl1251 NVS calibration file is also
some place for MAC address or not.

Default wl1251 NVS calibration file is available in linux-firmware:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/ti-connectivity/wl1251-nvs.bin

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@...il.com

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)