Date:   Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:32:36 -0800
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@...hat.com>
Cc:     KVM list <kvm@...r.kernel.org>,
        virtualization <virtualization@...ts.linux-foundation.org>,
        Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        arei.gonglei@...wei.com, arend.vanspriel@...adcom.com
Subject: Re: [PULL] virtio, vhost: new device, fixes, speedups

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@...hat.com> wrote:

> Oh, that's because I set orderfile globally rather than
> just for the qemu project which wants it.
> Fixed, sorry about that.

That explains it. I should have remembered, I think this came up once
before with somebody else.

Yeah, for the kernel it makes things much easier (at least for me) to
have everything just the default alphabetical ordering, particularly
because we use directory structure for maintenance areas.

So ordering the diffs by type ends up breaking my mental model for "is
this pull request touching the right files", which is why I reacted.

             Linus