Date:   Sat, 21 Jan 2017 10:11:12 +0100
From:   Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
To:     Mario.Limonciello@...l.com
Cc:     dvhart@...radead.org, rafael.j.wysocki@...el.com,
        pmenzel@...gen.mpg.de, linux@...mhuis.info,
        tomas.winkler@...el.com, jan@...dor.com,
        alexander.usyskin@...el.com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        yu.c.chen@...el.com, tomi.p.sarvela@...el.com, daniel@...ra.org,
        len.brown@...el.com, linux-pm@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Regression on Dell XPS13 (was: [char-misc for 4.10-rc4 V2] mei:
 bus: enable OS version only for SPT and newer)

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:11:45PM +0000, Mario.Limonciello@...l.com wrote:
> Greg,

Looks like it needs some work :)

And why isn't it tagged to go to the 4.10-stable kernel if it really
does fix some systems?

> Note: this is only half of the fix, the second half needs the ACPI subsystem to
> not be frozen to be able to receive this event.

Where is that change?

I'm still worried about 4.10-final, is that going to be broken for these
types of systems?

thanks,

greg k-h