Date:   Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:54:12 +0300
From:   Evgenii Shatokhin <eugene.shatokhin@...dex.ru>
To:     Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
Cc:     "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: 32-bit x86 system reboots automatically on resume from hibernate
 (ASLR issue?)

Hi,

One of my x86 machines with a 32-bit Linux system (ROSA Linux in this
case) automatically reboots when it tries to resume from hibernate. This
happens shortly after "Image loading progress 100%" message is shown on
the screen.

No traces of the error are in the system log after reboot though.

The problem is present at least in the mainline kernels 4.8 - 4.10. With
earlier versions (I tried 4.4, 4.5, etc.), the system resumes OK.

The bisection pointed to the following commit as the first "bad" one:

commit 65fe935dd2387a4faf15314c73f5e6d31ef0217e