Date:   Mon, 8 May 2017 15:37:41 +0900
From:   Sergey Senozhatsky <sergey.senozhatsky.work@...il.com>
To:     Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
        Petr Mladek <pmladek@...e.com>, Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>,
        Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
Cc:     "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@...ssion.com>,
        Ye Xiaolong <xiaolong.ye@...el.com>,
        Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
        "Rafael J . Wysocki" <rjw@...ysocki.net>,
        Jiri Slaby <jslaby@...e.com>, Len Brown <len.brown@...el.com>,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, lkp@...org,
        Sergey Senozhatsky <sergey.senozhatsky.work@...il.com>,
        Sergey Senozhatsky <sergey.senozhatsky@...il.com>
Subject: Re: [printk]  fbc14616f4:
 BUG:kernel_reboot-without-warning_in_test_stage

Hello,

On (04/07/17 10:40), Steven Rostedt wrote:
[..]
> On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 14:44:55 +0200
> Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz> wrote:
>
> > Well, I have to agree here. This is 20 years worth of mess :-(.
>
> Maybe someone should propose a micro-conf at Linux Plumbers where we
> can brain storm a way to re-invent printk()? Seems it can do with a
> completely new rewrite. ;-)

So I've been thinking about it... I'm somewhat limited in budget this
year and can do either LPC or KS* - purely depending on which one can
"attract" a required critical mass. From _this_ point of view KS,
perhaps, would be more appropriate, especially given that it's in EU
this year, if I'm not mistaken. But LPC has its own merits too, of
course. LPC's microconference sounds good enough.

What do you guys think?

* I obviously don't expect to be invited to the KS, all I said is that
  I can be in Prague around that time so we can sit somewhere and talk.

	-ss