Date:   Mon, 15 May 2017 08:40:24 +0200
From:   SF Markus Elfring <elfring@...rs.sourceforge.net>
To:     Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Cc:     Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez <siglesias@...lia.com>,
        industrypack-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net,
        Jens Taprogge <jens.taprogge@...rogge.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        kernel-janitors@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ipack: Improve a size determination in ipack_bus_register()

>> Greg, Would you mind picking this patch series through your char-misc tree?
>
> I'm sorry, but this person is in my blacklist

Some developers know this communication setting in the meantime.

> and I don't have any of their emails, so I don't have these patches anywhere.

I find this kind of feedback inappropriate.

You chose to exclude my update suggestions at a specific point in time.
They are still publicly available as they were stored also by other
information systems despite my messages vanish from your personal mail in-box
for a while.

> If you wish to have them applied, please resend them with your acked-by,

I am curious how other contributors will think about the shown change patterns.

> or just ignore them, it's up to you.

This reaction is also a possible option depending on your development priorities
for the affected software modules.

I hope that remaining open issues can be improved as desired after a bit of
constructive software development discussion.

Regards,
Markus