Date:   Fri, 14 Jul 2017 17:52:47 -0700
From:   Kyle Yan <kyan@...eaurora.org>
To:     robh@...nel.org
Cc:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Makefile in libfdt shows non-existent files

Hi Rob,

I was trying the latest dtc as on Linux 4.12 for device tree overlay. On
the latest kernel, I see the following commit:

commit 6f05afcbb031722ec1eff77dde188ff2edf8940e ("scripts/dtc: Update to
upstream version 0931cea3ba20")

This seems to pull in various upstream dtc commits for dtc overlay
including:

commit 0cdd06c5135bd9f46853c2f58ad2ac91b0fa87f3 ("libfdt: Add overlay
application function")

The upstream commit introduces libfdt/fdt_overlay.c, but this file is
not reflected in the kernel. Similar case is also seen for
libfdt/fdt_addresses.c.

Can you help confirm if these files should indeed have been pulled into
the kernel and if anything else is missing from DTC side.

Thanks,

Kyle

a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project