Date:   Wed, 26 Jul 2017 16:47:35 +0300
From:   Martin Peres <martin.peres@...ux.intel.com>
To:     Tomi Sarvela <tomi.p.sarvela@...el.com>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Cc:     jeffy.chen@...k-chips.com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Suspend-resume failure on Intel Eagle Lake Core2Duo

On 25/07/17 10:01, Tomi Sarvela wrote:
> On 24/07/17 19:37, Martin Peres wrote:

>>> I hoped you would give me a little bit more details, but I Gurgled it
>>> now. I try to find such a beast and look what's wrong there. If I can't
>>> find one, I'll come back with some debug patches.
>>
>> Ha, sorry!
>>
>> Here is all the info I have:
>>   - Hardware: HP Compaq 8000
>>   - CPU: Eagle Lake Core2Duo E7500
>
> As mentioned, it's HP Compaq 8000 Elite, desktop tower in most basic
> configuration: one SATA SSD, 4GB memory and so on. Most recent BIOS from
> around 2012, no UEFI.
>
> If you have proposed fix for the issue, I'll be happy to test them.
>
> Best regards,

Thanks for the information Tomi.

Thomas, any update on this? Another user reported the problem:

"I have the same thing on an old cheap laptop.
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15

Previously, this never happened on the kernel series 4.{10,11,12}.
After reverted commit bf22ff45bed664 on 4.13-rc2, unfortunately it still
hangs when it wakes up.
Difficult to diagnose because it does not happen right away. After some
time of action."

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Martin