Date:   Thu, 04 Jan 2018 13:00:51 -0800
From:   "Tim Mouraveiko" <tim.ml@...opper.com>
To:     Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
CC:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Bricked x86 CPU with software?

Pavel,

As I mentioned before, I repeatedly and fully power-cycled the motherboard and reset BIOS
and etc. It made no difference. I can see that the processor was not drawing any power. The
software code behaved in a similar fashion on other processors, until I fixed it so that it would
not kill any more processors.

In case you are curious there was no overheating, no 100% utilization, no tampering with
hardware (GPIO pins or anything of that sort), no overclocking and etc. No hardware issues
or changes at all.

Tim