Date:   Wed, 17 Jan 2018 16:14:41 +0530
From:   Jose Bale <jb1987212@...il.com>
To:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Hi (Assigning NULL to variable after freeing it).

Hi All,

I have just started to contribute to linux kernel. I was thinking of
giving a patch where a variable is made null after free if not already
done.

Some thing like this:
Original code:
  kfree(x);
  ...........some other code...........

I will change this code to:
New code:
  kfree(x);
++ x = NULL;
  ...........some other code...........

Will this kind of code change be accepted by linux kernel?

Also, isn't doing this a better practice - that is, assigning NULL to
variable after freeing it? What is the best practice? What do people
think about it?

Any feedback / replies will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
JB