Date:   Tue, 3 Apr 2018 19:37:47 -0700
From:   João Paulo Rechi Vita <jprvita@...il.com>
To:     Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@...inger.net>
Cc:     Yan-Hsuan Chuang <yhchuang@...ltek.com>,
        Ping-Ke Shih <pkshih@...ltek.com>,
        Birming Chiu <birming@...ltek.com>,
        Shaofu <shaofu@...ltek.com>,
        Steven Ting <steventing@...ltek.com>,
        Chaoming Li <chaoming_li@...lsil.com.cn>,
        Kalle Valo <kvalo@...eaurora.org>,
        linux-wireless <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>,
        Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Daniel Drake <drake@...lessm.com>,
        João Paulo Rechi Vita <jprvita@...lessm.com>,
        linux@...lessm.com
Subject: Re: RTL8723BE performance regression

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@...inger.net> wrote:

(...)

> As the antenna selection code changes affected your first bisection, do you
> have one of those HP laptops with only one antenna and the incorrect coding
> in the FUSE?

Yes, that is why I've been passing ant_sel=1 during my tests -- this
was needed to achieve a good performance in the past, before this
regression. I've also opened the laptop chassis and confirmed the
antenna cable is plugged to the connector labeled with "1" on the
card.

> If so, please make sure that you still have the same signal
> strength for good and bad cases. I have tried to keep the driver and the
> btcoex code in sync, but there may be some combinations of antenna
> configuration and FUSE contents that cause the code to fail.

What is the recommended way to monitor the signal strength?

Thanks for such a quick reply,

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
http://about.me/jprvita