Date:   Tue, 22 May 2018 10:15:21 +0800
From:   Vincent Chen <vincentc@...estech.com>
To:     Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>
CC:     Greentime Hu <green.hu@...il.com>,
        Guenter Roeck <private@...ck-us.net>,
        "Greentime Ying-Han Hu(?????????)" <greentime@...estech.com>,
        "Alec I-Wei Wu(?????????)" <wuiw@...estech.com>,
        Chung-Ju Wu <jasonwucj@...il.com>,
        "Kito Huang-Jia Cheng(?????????)" <kito@...estech.com>,
        Vincent Chen <deanbo422@...il.com>
Subject: Re: nds32 build failures

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 01:17:05PM +0800, Kito Cheng wrote:
> Hi Arnd:
>
> I am GCC guy from Andes, we've missed the release schedule for GCC 8,
> we didn't upstream the Linux support on time.
>
> Our plan is put our GCC 8 on github and continue commit rest patches
> to upstream.
> And we'll put our source on github after our internal testing done.
>
> Thanks.

Dear Arnd:

The prebuilt nds32 toochain with gcc 8 is placed here
https://github.com/vincentzwc/prebuilt-nds32-toolchain/releases

The source code of each component for this toolchain is placed here.
a. gcc:
   path: https://github.com/andestech/gcc.git
   branch: nds32-8.1.0-upstream
b. binutils
   path: https://github.com/andestech/binutils.git
   branch: nds32-binutils-2.30-branch-open
c. glibc
   path: https://github.com/andestech/glibc.git
   branch: nds32-glibc-2.27-v0
d. Linux
   path: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
   branch: master

This toolchain also can be manually generated by the following script
https://github.com/andestech/build_script/blob/master/build_toolchain.sh

We successfully generate a bootable kernel image with nds32 defconfig by this
toolchain. However, we find a new compiler warning, Wstringop-overflow, when
building arch/nds32/kernel/vdso.o. We have sent a patch to fix it.

Best regards
Vincent