Date:   Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:17:47 +0800
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>
        Will Deacon <will.deacon@....com>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Subject: Re: Build/qemu test results for v4.18-rc2

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 12:25 AM Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net> wrote:

> Build results:
>         total: 134 pass: 113 fail: 21
> Failed builds:
>         i386:allyesconfig
>         i386:allmodconfig

These seem to be due to the trial code to embed user modules in the
netfilter modules to use bpf  to do netfilter (aka bpfilter). Right
now that doesn't cross-compile right.

I'm hoping the networking people get their trial balloon to work
right, but if worst comes to worst, it will just be disabled for 4.18.

In the meantime, I'm hoping it doesn't hold back any *other* testing.
I'm assuming the allyes/modconfig build failures don't actually matter
for the boot testing etc.

The mips problems I have no idea about.

             Linus