Date:   Sat, 21 Dec 2019 12:02:33 +0200
From:   Daniel Harding <dharding@...ing180.net>
To:     Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Cc:     Ingo Molnar <mingo@...hat.com>, Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>,
        "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>, x86@...nel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: [5.3 Regression] x86/ioapic change causes suspend problem

Over the past few weeks I've been experiencing problems with
suspend/hybrid sleep on my laptop (a Clevo N240BU, Intel Core
i7-7500U).  Instead of the suspend process completing normally, the
computer hangs with a blank screen and the CPU fan spinning above idle.
I have to forcibly power off the computer to get it to turn off.  If I
invoke hybrid sleep, the hibernation image is intact and I am able to
resume from that after powering the computer back on.

I bisected the issue, and traced it to commit
dfe0cf8b51b07e56ded571e3de0a4a9382517231.  Before that commit, suspend
works reliably, but afterward it hangs most of the time.  I verified
that the problem still exists in version 5.4.5, but have not tested the
latest master.

If there is any more information that would be useful or if I can help
to resolve this issue in any way, please let me know.

Regards,

Daniel Harding