Date:   Sat, 4 Nov 2023 07:27:15 +0700
From:   Bagas Sanjaya <bagasdotme@...il.com>
To:     Charles Hedrick <hedrick@...gers.edu>,
        Daire Byrne <daire@...g.com>,
        Linux NFS <linux-nfs@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux Regressions <regressions@...ts.linux.dev>
Cc:     Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@...cle.com>,
        Jeff Layton <jlayton@...nel.org>,
        Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@...merspace.com>,
        Anna Schumaker <anna@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: autofs mount/umount hangs with recent kernel?

On 04/11/2023 03:07, Charles Hedrick wrote:
> We've seen behavior like that throughout the lifetime of 4.10 and 5.15 as well. It may be a different issue, though. For us it happens only with NFS 4.2. NFS 3 is fine. And once it happens, rebooting the client doesn't help. We have to reboot the NFS server. We're trying setting automount to never unmount, as an attempt to figure out whether the problem is actually caused by the unmounts and mounts.
>
> I'd be happy to help diagnose if someone could tell me what data would be useful.

Please don't top-post; reply inline with appropriate context instead.
And don't send HTML emails either, since mailing lists reject them.

First, you may want to test the mainline (currently at v6.6) on both
the server and the client. Then, please attach full system log
(most likely journalctl) to see if you have the same one as Daire
reported.

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara