Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 16:33:10 -0800
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To: Noah Goldstein <goldstein.w.n@...il.com>
Cc: David Laight <David.Laight@...lab.com>, kernel test robot <lkp@...el.com>,
	"x86@...nel.org" <x86@...nel.org>,
	"oe-kbuild-all@...ts.linux.dev" <oe-kbuild-all@...ts.linux.dev>,
	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, "edumazet@...gle.com" <edumazet@...gle.com>,
	"tglx@...utronix.de" <tglx@...utronix.de>, "mingo@...hat.com" <mingo@...hat.com>, "bp@...en8.de" <bp@...en8.de>,
	"dave.hansen@...ux.intel.com" <dave.hansen@...ux.intel.com>, "hpa@...or.com" <hpa@...or.com>
Subject: Re: x86/csum: Remove unnecessary odd handling

On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 at 15:36, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@...ux-foundation.org> wrote:

> Anyway, since I looked at the thing originally, and feel like I know
> the x86 side and understand the strange IP csum too, I just applied it
> directly.

I ended up just applying my 40-byte cleanup thing too that I've been
keeping in my own tree since posting it (as the "Silly csum
improvement. Maybe" patch).

I've been running it on my own machine since last June, and I finally
even enabled the csum KUnit test just to double-check it.

               Linus