Date:	Thu, 30 Nov 2006 06:33:36 +0100
From:	Michael Renzmann <madwifi@...pam.otaku42.de>
To:	Michael Buesch <mb@...sch.de>
CC:	David Kimdon <david.kimdon@...icescape.com>,
	Nick Kossifidis <mickflemm@...il.com>,
	Daniel Drake <ddrake@...ntes3d.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	madwifi-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Madwifi-devel] ar5k and Atheros AR5005G

Hi.

Michael Buesch wrote:
>> IIRC Pavel already explained that getting rid of the HAL per se should be
>> no problem - it could easily be dissolved into the driver, if that is one
>> of the requirements to be fulfilled before the driver (MadWifi or DadWifi)
>> is considered for mainline inclusion. As soon as there is source available
>> to dissolve, at least.
> Ok, so who actually does the work?

The MadWifi team? It won't happen today or tomorrow, but I'm confident
that it will happen. Any contribution to that effort is highly welcome -
the more people help, the faster will the goal be reached.

>> From what I understood the "... once the hal issue is resolved" part of
>> David's mail refered to exactly that question.
> Ok, I don't know what "The HAL Issue" (tm) is.

You referred to the archives where that exact "issue"(s) (binary-only,
non-free, no sources, unwanted level of abstraction) has/have been
discussed in lenght, but you claim you didn't have a clue what David was
talking about? Come on.

Bye, Mike