Date:	Tue, 5 Dec 2006 10:15:33 -0500
From:	"Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@...il.com>
To:	"Michael Renzmann" <madwifi@...pam.otaku42.de>
Cc:	"Stephen Hemminger" <shemminger@...l.org>,
	"David Kimdon" <david.kimdon@...icescape.com>,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, madwifi-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net,
	"Nick Kossifidis" <mickflemm@...il.com>,
	"Michael Buesch" <mb@...sch.de>, "Reyk Floeter" <reyk@...nbsd.org>
Subject: Re: [Madwifi-devel] ar5k and Atheros AR5005G

On 12/5/06, Michael Renzmann <madwifi@...pam.otaku42.de> wrote:
 openhal here.

> I've set up the suggested branches, with slight changing to the proposed
> names:
>
> * http://svn.madwifi.org/branches/madwifi-old-openhal (based on r1142)
> * http://svn.madwifi.org/branches/dadwifi-openhal (based on r1827)
>
> Neither of them has received any modifications yet, they are basically
> copies of the mentioned revisions. I'm currently lacking the time to
> import Nick's work into the madwifi-old-openhal branch, for example - it
> would be nice if someone else could work on that.

CC'ing Reyk Foeter.

Committed Nick's port of ar5k (openal) to both branches, both now have
the openhal. Please note (very important):

We are basing our openhal on OpenBSD's ar5k. Because of this and since
the GPL does not allow us to commit changes on the GPL version back to
the BSD version please sumbit your non-linux enhancements to the HAL
to "Reyk Floeter" <reyk@...nbsd.org> and CC madwifi-devel.

We have an openhal.org which we can start to use, should Reyk want, to
use as the master tree of the ar5k to make sure any enhancements on
the HAL go to both BSD and Linux. The licensing on the master tree
should be kept BSD as Reyk wants it to be. This way Linux or BSD
contributions can go into one tree and later revisions can be added to
dadwifi/openbsd with their own specific BSD'isms and Linux'isms. Keep
in mind the Linux port will remain dual licensed BSD/GPL. Let me know
what you think Reyk.

  Luis