Date:	Fri, 22 Dec 2006 11:28:46 +0300
From:	Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@....mipt.ru>
To:	Hans Henrik Happe <hhh@...da.sdu.dk>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Netchannels take19] new netchannel release.

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 01:40:33AM +0100, Hans Henrik Happe (hhh@...da.sdu.dk) wrote:
> > Code is in development state, but I would like to hear comments about
> > overall design, features, usefullness for the kernel and get feedback on
> > kernel side.
>
> I follow your work with great interest, even though my kernel coding
> experience isn't great. When I get the time I would like to actually try it
> out and provide some feedback.
>
> For now I only follow your progress by reading your web page to get the big
> picture. I must admit it is not easy to get the overall picture from reading
> that, because it is mostly about small details. I think you would get a lot
> more enthusiasm from people, if you described your work top-down. Much of the
> work is about new interfaces and it would be very helpfull with detailed
> descriptions of these.
>
> I think kevent has arrived to a level of documentation, which makes it
> possible to get the bigger picture before digging into the code.

Although kevent has documentation, it does not help it, as we can see :)

> I know documentation is boring, especially for people who actually put their
> ideas into code (some people like to rant about their ideas forever, without
> actually showing any results). So don't get me wrong; I like your work, but
> if you want more people to get excited about it, I think you need to
> communicate it better.

I will write some documentation about overall design and interfaces (it
is a bit easier than kevent, since there is only one syscall with
everyone-likes-it multiplexor inside, and one connector based interface
for netfilter (NAT)).

> Anyway, keep up the good work!

Thank you.

--